It’s time to apply for CALS scholarships through the Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH) portal for the 2020-2021 academic year! Here are some fast facts about CALS Scholarships:
• With only one application, you are made eligible for every scholarship we offer based upon donor criteria
• Over 650 students received scholarships in the 2019-2020 academic year
• CALS gives out over 1 million scholarship dollars annually
The CALS scholarship application for the 2020-2021 academic year is open now and closes at 11:59:59 pm on Monday, February 3, 2020. Awards made from this application will be applied to the 2020-2021 academic year. Students graduating in Spring 2020 or Summer of 2020 need not apply.
How To Apply for CALS Scholarships:
- Go to the campus scholarship portal known as the Wisconsin Scholarship Hub: WiSH
- Click on the red “Sign In” box in the upper right-hand corner of the screen to log in with your NetID and password
- Complete several “General Application” filter questions to be matched to the “College of Agricultural and Life Sciences Application”
- Click on the “College of Agricultural and Life Sciences Application” link on the left-hand side of the page and follow all prompts to complete the application
WALSAA Outstanding Sophomore Awards
The Wisconsin Agricultural and Life Sciences Alumni Association – offers ten (10) $2,000 scholarships every year to CALS students in their second year of college. Funds are applied to your 2020-2021 tuition. Students are chosen based upon academic achievement, leadership, honors and service – all weighted equally.
To apply, students should visit the WALSAA Scholarship Page on WALSAA.org. The application will close Friday, February 14th. If you have any questions, please contact David Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based on applications, 20-25 students will be invited to an interview on March 10th. Interviews are 15 minutes and will be used to determine 10 scholarship winners.
Watch for “how to apply” tips for this prestigious opportunity on our Facebook page.
This award is for students in their second year of college and is NOT determined by number of credits. For example, a student in their first year, with sophomore standing based on credits would NOT be eligible.
Hilldale Undergraduate/Faculty Research Fellowships and Holstrom Environmental Research Fellowships
Hilldale Undergraduate/Faculty Research Fellowships and Holstrom Environmental Research Fellowships provide support for collaborative research between undergraduate students and faculty or research/instructional academic staff members. The student researcher receives $3,000, and the faculty/staff receives $1,000 to help offset research costs. Students must have at least junior standing at the time of application. The Holstrom Fellowships require an environmental focus. The application deadline is February 10, 2020. Directions for accessing the on-line application, eligibility and selection criteria, and FAQs can be found at the UAA website.